So, what sort of natural systems design and place-making strategies achieve this?
• The WSUD design references the former marine landscape to evoke a strong sense of place.
• Pergolas, wharves, and jetties frame smaller spaces to provide a comfortable human scale.
• Diverse seating options and locations create a vibrant and democratic urban living room.
• Green facades and biofiltration basins capture excess roof water for the landscape.
• Riparian planting, green facades and a shaded avenue bring people and nature together.