So, what sort of natural systems design and place-making strategies achieved this at Merriman Square?
1) The WSUD design references the former marine landscape to evoke a strong sense of place.
2) Pergolas, wharves, and jetties frame smaller spaces to provide a comfortable human scale.
3) Diverse seating options and locations create a vibrant and democratic urban living room.
4) Green facades and biofiltration basins capture excess roof water for the landscape.
5) Riparian planting, green facades and a shaded avenue bring people and nature together.